Monday 21 May 2012

My skin is a disaster.. I am covered in a raised red bump rash and have been for most of the past three months. I have tried many things including a steroids, creams, biopsies, blood tests, and a whole host of alternative medicines. My most recent attempt to stop this maddening itch was a visit to an allergy clinic. My doctor there has diagnosed chronic uticaria (? not sure of the spelling) triggered by severe stress and last 1-5 years. Arrrghgghgghghgghhh! I can medicate (lots of strong antihistimines) however there is also the possibility that with changes to my diet I can get this under control.

Therefore I am on a two week elimination diet followed by 4 weeks of challenges to re-introduce foods.

Today is day 1.

This blog is going to be about the foods that I can eat and the recipes and tips. WHY? Because when I have shopped (twice now) in preparation for this elimination diet I have had tears of frustration in my eyes. I had thought this was going to be too hard for me and it was upsetting me. I've changed my mindset now. This is not going to be hard at all! This is going to be an adventure to see what amazing foods and recipes I can come up with and share.

Sunday (aided and abetted by my wonderful friend Mandy) was all about preparation for the week. Unfortunately I didn't take photos along the way - I will from here on in. I made a roast pork with the best crackling EVER, roast chicken (so tender and moist - as was the pork), chicken stock/broth made from the roast chicken carcass, pork mince rice paper rolls with shredded cabbage, bamboo shoots, shallots and rice noodles. Delish.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment